Monday, October 8, 2007

Happy Birthday My Love

October 7th, 2007, Jaren is 31 years old.
We had a small party at our house with Josh and Renae Foster. I made Chicken Parmesan for dinner at Jaren's request, and Josh and Renae brought a lovely vegan chocolate cake. It may well be the best chocolate cake I've ever eaten.

Jaren got to relax and watch football until it was time for dessert, but...
The kids had wishes of their own.

After some yumminess we pulled out the gift. He only had one to open at this point. He had already been given his prized laptop computer from his mother, and Josh was eager to have Jaren open his present from he and his wife seconds after they came in the door. It was quite adorable watching a grown man's enthusiasm at a birthday party. Both men, in fact, were quite the spectacle.

Jaren had requested we not spend money on him this year but allow the children to make some kind of project for him. I had taken him out to eat two days before as his gift from me, and due to a busy work schedule and conference we were unable to complete his gift from the kids. We got a good start on it and the kids were so excited to present it to him. Here are some pictures of our progress so far.



For those of you that don't know any sign language, this spells love. It is made by Emilia's, Joshua's, Claire's, and My hand. We also have 4 small ceramic hearts and 1 large one that the children will paint, put their pictures in and write their names on. The large heart will be painted gold and hold a family photo. and on the bottom of this plaque pictured above will be written,
"At Home."

As soon as I picked the kids up from day care today they asked if we could paint Daddy's present when we got home. It has another 24 hours to dry so our painting is still on hold, but once it is all done I will post an update.

Happy Birthday Daddy! We all love you SO MUCH!!

7 comments:

renwai said...

What a precious gift. How did you ever get Emilia to hold her hand still enough to make this?
I am really missing you guys. Thanks for the pics. I love that blogging allows us to share our lives. I love all of you.
Mom

charityeve said...

It was a real challenge. In fact, because of the impossibility of getting her to completely comply, this word is actually "lave." An "O" would require a loose fist with fingertips touching, but Emmy did the best she could.

I love this too. It's fun to see pics and read perspectives on the lives of those we love. We love you too, Mom!

Jaren Watson said...

Thank you my angel dear. I love the present. I'm excited to see it finished. I really hope the kids enjoyed making it, which I believe they did. Thank you for thinking up the perfect gift. You're the best.

am and fm said...

What a really great idea for a gift! Things are really crazy for Kristian right now...in the midst of dissertation presentations and such, but I think it would be great to have you guys over for dinner one of these Friday nights...would that work for you?

S.Morgan said...

OK, I teared up over this gift. You are the luckiest of men, Jaren.

Charity, in the mess and tangle off this last month, I lost Autumn's e-mail(and yours also. Email me, so I can send you pics and tell you a weird story about them.) Tell her she gave us a great gift--so unexpected--in bringing Cooper to us. My heart goes out to A. & J. as they raised him. Also, tell her I love her. I knew this as we fought (almost turned physical there on the banks of the river) over who was best at untangling Coop's long dog leash.

Jaren Watson said...

This blog is a lot of fun to read. There is always something new and exciting.
Come on, creepy! Post something new.

Autumn said...

You truly ARE a beautfiful mind! The things you create with no money. I can't imagine would you could create without limitation of money and time:-). You are such a gift. I love you my sister.