Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Curly Locks, Curly Locks, wilt thou be mine?

This is what happens when little girls suffer through a night of tightly wound hair knots.
She had attempted this style before but couldn't take the overnight punishment. She's four years old and she's already taking pain for "pretty."
I have a hunch the rest of this rhyme will hold true for this little princess.
Thou shalt not wash the dishes, nor yet feed the swine.
But sit on a cushion and sew a fine seam,
(like Grandma and Mommy--sewing, not taking it easy)
and feed upon strawberries, sugar, and cream.

6 comments:

Jaren Watson said...

Oh cookie. Oh buns. Oh moots. Oh sugar. Oh angel food cake. Oh Claire baby. Oh bubby. Oh my dear sweet tiny little cheeky baby with cheeks. Oh princess.

jenhirr said...

Clair, does your dad have a PhD. in jibberish?

Izzy loves your locks!

renwai said...

Oh cookie. Oh buns. Oh moots. Oh Claire baby, please don't grow up too fast.
I love the blogs and the pictures and this fun fun way of sharing things.
I want my baby back.
Grandma

Emily G said...

Those curls are creepily perfect. Charity, don't take this wrong, but your baby reminds me of Kirsten Dunst after she gets vampired in Interview With a V. She grows fangs and her hair ups into these perfect blonde curls. JUST LIKE CLAIRE'S.

Kendra Nielson said...

Claire is so very, very big and tall! I can't handle this. She looks like a pre-Baylee in her length. I miss you guys so much! And Emelia is too big as well. She was wasn't moving around last I saw.

am and fm said...

This is so great! I used to beg my mom to do this to my hair when I was young...by the time I was 8 I had to beg her not to:) She is just such a doll...hope you guys are having fun with Grandma in town! Let me know what your schedule is like next week...maybe we can get together eventually!